Press "Enter" to skip to content

Clarkton house fire claims life of one

Spread the love

By Erin Smith

A house fire in Clarkton claimed the life of one man on Saturday night.

Assistant Bladen County Coroner Kenneth Clark said, “It (the home) was called in as fully involved.”

Clark said firefighters found 66 year-old Billy Wayne Baldwin inside the home located at 1460 NC Highway 211 West in Clarkton. Clark said Baldwin died from smoke inhalation.

There were two other residents living at the home and they are safe, said Clark.

He said the home was not equipped with smoke detectors.

“Smoke detectors save lives,” said Clark.

The Bladenboro Fire Department, Clarkton Fire Department, Elizabethtown Fire Department, Lisbon Fire Department, Bladen County EMS, and Bladen County Sheriff’s Office all responded to the scene.